The Real Otaku Must Have Dakimakura Pillow
Japan culture lovers or otaku must known Dakimakura term. It has been said that a person’s otaku level has not reached the highest level if one does not have a Dakimakura pillow yet. Physically, Dakimakura is a pillow that has a length 150 cm and width 50 cm and printed by the owner favorite anime character. The character itself is usually a waifu from head to toe just like the manga but in life-size. Some print the anime character only on one side, some print it on the both sides. The both prices are definitely different.
It is quite absurd to see many otaku men sleeping and even bringing their Dakimakuras out. That is what called as hobby. It cannot be stopped even though people find it unbeneficial or even crazy. Dakimakura in psychology discipline is categorized as comfort object of the owner. Often we find kids have dolls or any other objects which they love most carried wherever they go and they cry if it is taken away. Yep, that is the relationship between oraku and their dakimakura pillows.
Buying Figure vs Dakimakura Pillow
Sometimes there is a debate between the otaku community that makes the Dakimakura seen with bird’s eyes, mostly by figure enthusiasts. When Dakimakura pillow comes in life size 2D printing than can be hugged and each curve made precisely like the manga character, The figure lover consider it as not details as the figure can be. Each inches of figure has the very same precise likeness with the real character in 3D doing a pose. Absolutely, it cannot be hugged but it has a joint that can be changed to have many poses. The bottomline is Dakimakura pillow is considered as a unique trend compared to figure.
Buy the original one or make custom Dakimakura pillow?
When you are really idolizing an anime, especially the character, buying the original one is not a surprise. The expensive price is not a problem. You are willing to save money and even feast to hug the favorite character. Probably this is what called as God level otaku, ready to do anything to get the favorite manga original merchandise.
Then how do all the otaku who are still newbie but wanting it bad really to have a Dakimakura pillow? There is always a way to Rome. There many ways to reach your dream. Online custom Dakimakura printing service is now available online. Simply by have your favorite character design uploaded to the vendor website, the rest of your order will be handled by the professional. The price of the service itself is obviously cheaper than buying the original one.
Taking Care of Your Dakimakura
Written by oneanatic.com, here are 6 tips you can follow in order to make your Dakimakura pillow always looks fresh like new:
- Take shower regularly – if the owner seldom takes showers, the body oil, dirt, and smell will infect the pillow cover when it is hugged while sleeping.
- Keep it away from pets – easy to guess, claw and bite from pets are able to damage your expensive toy.
- Cut your nails – besides your cat and dog’s claw and bite, waifu should also be avoided from your own claws. When you sleep with Dakimakura, your tight hug with long nails will make it deeply scratched.
- Avoid direct sunlight – Being exposed too often under sunlight will make the Dakimakura pillow’s color fade away quickly.
- Clean the Dakimakura regularly – indeed the owner has a well-scheduled shower time but the dust and dirt still be attached to the waifu pillow. When talking about cleanliness, absolutely everything is extra. Clean start from yourself up to the waifu itself.
- Clean the pillow – it is recommended to wash the inner pillow of Dakimakura 2 times a year.
How to wash Dakimakura pillow?
A special Dakimakura website, waifupillows.com, release an infographic of how to wash this how long pillow right way. Here are the tips taken from the infographic:
- Release the Dakimakura pillow cover – remember one that will be washed only the pillow. So carefully release the pillow cover from the pillow.
- Put inside the washing machine – Insert the Dakimakura pillow into the washing machine with bleacher free detergent. Bleacher will make the original color of Dakimakura faded away. Ensure by checking the ingredient of the detergent you use.
- Clean in cool wash method – Run the washing machine in hand wash mode with the smallest temperature.
- Squeeze the water – Rinse the Dakimakura from water by stretching it.
- Dry it off – When you drying it, avoid direct sunlight. It can be sunbathed in a room or whatever place with dry humidity.
Make Your Own Custom Design Dakimakura Pillow Online with Custom.sg!
Buy one by importing the Dakimakura pillow from Japan charges an expensive enough budget. Not everyone can stand the complicated importing stuff. That is why online custom Dakimakura pillow printing from Custom.sg is your right choice! The quality is doubtless. The powerful years of experiences in printing industry ensure the resulted Dakimakura pillow product has the best quality.
The order process is easy and practical. Simply upload the favorite anime charater via this website and the rest will be handle by our professional team. The latest advanced printing technology supports and ensures each order finished in a quick time. Some official bank accounts are available for you to transfer the payment to in a safe way. No Minimal Order! Order 1 pcs for your own collection or in large number for business purposes, all handle by the same professional service until it is delivered by the reliable delivery service too. Order your own custom design Dakimakura pillow now!