custom.sg - Garment industries are an everlasting business. We’ve already acknowledged if the human is always growing and need clothes to wear. The different size, age, models, colour and function make endless garments’ demand.
The fabric has various types with its own pros and cons. We have Draitex as one example. Draitex is made of cotton, silk and synthetic fibres. This blend produces a real soft side and almost transparent fabric. Its texture is a little bit wavy and it follows the body contour.
Draitex Fabric Material: A Concise Summary
Therefore, Draitex is not a recommended dress material for big people to wear. Some people who have it say that its temperature is rather hot. It fits perfectly for kimonos and cardigans.
The advantages of Draitex is providing elegant and stylish outfit. Usually, Draitex is used for a custom loose tank top, custom dress, blouse, custom scarf or even hoodies. Tank top or sleeveless dress becomes a favourite women outfit in the summer. Other than Draitex, we also have several fabrics for clothing. They are:
- Microfiber. It is a blend of polyester, spandex and nylon. It’s a rather thick material and opaque. It has a soft texture and breathable, therefore microfiber is very cool.
- Hivetex. It is made of polyester specially designed for comfort. It has high absorption ability and really fasts to dry.
- Hipolytex. It has a different texture on both sides. The inside part is soft and strong while the outside is very elastic.
- Chiffon. A soft and smooth fabric, it fits for pastel colours because it has doffed texture. This fabric is often used as coating fabric for a formal dress.
- England Satin (Esteraga). It is a shiny satin type with diagonal texture. It’s a little stiff and transparent. The texture is a little bit rough and slippery.
- Sthenolid. It is a blend of cotton (62%, 5% of it are organic), polyester (34%) and spandex (4%). While spandex is thick and firm, it is also soft and slick. Thus, it produces a solid impression.
- BSY (Bowden) – It is made of pure polyester. The unique texture makes BSY very soft. Although BSY is thin, it is not a see-through material.
- Satin Velvet. It is made of pure polyester with elegant style. It is a thick and dense material. It has soft and smooth texture.
- Shantung. Shantung silk has several benefits: stain resistant and durable. But, you need to be very gentle when you wash it.
- Axtatex. It is a mix of Polyester and spandex, it has around 5%-6% flexibility. Its texture is firm and follows body curve.
- Karmus Satin (Krovica). It is a shiny and cool fabric, its thickness makes it opaque
- Voleta. Voleta is breathable and elastic. Even though it is thin, but it is not a see-through fabric.
- Scuba (Aglatex). It is a mix of nylon and spandex, where polyester is the most domineering material. It is thick, firm and gives tidiness.
- Chenna. It is made by combining cotton and spandex. Chenna is durable, elastic and quite cool.
- Poly Canvas. It is a fusion of polyester and cotton with thick fibre and very robust. Poly canvas has less than 100% polyester; therefore, the printing outcome declines a little bit.
As you can notice, we have a lot of fabric types. Every type of fabric has its pros and cons, be wise to pick one.