You must want your living room to look so lively, matching with the wall color, the couch color, and so on. You can have so many style choices for your living room from minimalist style to victorian style as long as you can also choose the proper customized pillow case. Here are the tips on how to choose the proper pillow cover for your living room, declared by steps.
Tips on how to choose pillow cover for your living room
- Examine your couch fabric first, whether it is silky or rugged, has the basic color or the colorful patterns. Basically, a pillow case with solid color will be suitable with couch that is covered in patterns or solid color as well. Unfortunately, it can look malicious and too full if you combine your patterned couch fabric with a patterned cushion case. Do it with your solid color or basic color couch fabric. You can ask for an expert consideration while you are choosing the pillow cover that will create a particular ambience in your living room at the cushion cover Singapore and the customized pillow Singapore vendors. However, you better take a picture of your couch first and the details of it to help the expert determine the proper ones.
- Choose your customized pillow cover color such that makes the overall attention drawn to the pillow case immediately. It will make your living room look way more attractive and the guests as well as your family will be so comfortable to stay there. As an example, if you keen for natural colors in your living room, you can choose bright blue colored pillows or cushions to be combined with your pale tosca couch and your light blue wall. Do check home furniture catalogues often to get some inspirations about this one.
- Be careful on choosing the material of your pillow and pillow cover. You must not want your living room as the central place of your home to look shabby. For example, pick the pillow case made from leather to give off elegant feeling to your monotone sofa. You should choose the ones made from rich fabric to reduce the shabby looking that may be produced by the wrong choice of any other furnitures. To get these kinds of material, you can go to some cushion cover Singapore and the customized pillow Singapore stores for many shopisticated material choices available.
By applying these steps, your living room would likely be looking so elegant and even luxurious. No more worries on choosing the wrong cushion cover for your living room.
Making an enveloped pillow case can be a little bit intriguing, the result will not come of as the way you expect it to be if you do any little mistake. This is the procedure that you may follow if you are about to make an envelope style from your customized pillow case.
Steps to make an enveloped pillow case
- Firstly, before you start, you should wash your pillow cover thoroughly. If you don’t, the unwashed sewn material can shrink later when you give a heat to it. Even worse, in some cases it even leads to pillow case breakage. You should also wash the cover following the instructions that the customized pillow Singapore and cushion cover Singapore manufacturers provide to prevent any unwanted accident.
- For your nicely-made envelope pillow cover, prepare these following things: iron, measuring tape, matching thread, a half yard of fabric, sewing machine, a ruler, and a pencil for marking. You can also sketch your desired cushion cover beforehand.
- After that, use the measuring tape on your uncovered pillow to measure its overall dimensions. Measure the distance from one seam to another seam, do not forget to add an extra one inch of this distance to make your customized pillow cover size fits perfectly with your pillow.
- Make sure you only have at least 4 inches overlapping back panel from your pillow case. More than 7 inches is not recommended because it will make your customized pillow cover look weird. Measure this side with your available measuring tape.
- Now, it is time to iron the cushion cover. Put the material wrong side up on your ironing board. Then, fold over a quarter inch of the outside edge from the smaller panels. This side must be pressed with iron afterward to make the fold bold enough to be gone so easily. Fold it again with the other a quarter inch. After this step, you can finally sew the hem with a distance about 1/8 inch from inside the cushion cover edge.
- When your almost-done pillow case is still wrong side up, do another press with the iron. After that, take your scissor and be prepared to trim the unwanted corners to make the good ones. Poke the corners out with a needle when the cover is right side out. You can also follow how customized pillow Singapore and cushion cover Singapore manufacturers do this step to make the best out of this step. Voila, your enveloped pillow case is ready to use to serve your maximum enjoyment.
Before doing this overall procedure, make sure that you have the nicest material of your going-to-be pillow cover. It will add up a plus value to your overall enjoyment because the fabric will feel nice sticking to your skin.
Decorating your sofa with some different pillow cases or pillow covers can be so adventorous. Wrong combinations can lead to awful scenery of your sofa and the mismatched feeling. These are the choices of customized pillow case combinations to add up your references. Moreover, these looks will not give a shabby ambience to your overall living room atmosphere.
Mixing and matching pillow case to decorate your sofa
- Use some bright primary colors. The cushions with primary color such as red, blue, and yellow will give off the daring and cheerful ambience to your sofa. Use all the three colors to go bold, especially if your sofa comes in monotone colors like gray, black, ivory, or white. You can even add more than one type or shape of pillow. Play with rectangle pillows, cylindrical pillows, and so on. Arrange many of them anywhere on the sofa so that your overall room will look even better. To get these daring colors of your pillow case, you can go to some customized pillow Singapore or cushion cover Singapore stores. You can even consult to the experts there regarding your sofa color details.
- Use one with pattern and one with solid color altogether. This simple mix can give an unbelievably good impact. If you have no-patterned sofa with solid color, you can add up two, four, or even six pillows with half of them printed in patterns and the others contain only solid color. For example, if you have an ivory colored sofa, combine this sofa with two checkered pillow cases and two basic orange pillow covers. Do not hesitate much on mixing two opposite colors of pillow cover as they can still look well as long as you have pastel monotone colored background (wall). As an example, go with cream or white colored background.
- Go floral. Do you like a vintage looking room? You can get this vintage style if you use floral pillows on your basic colored couch. Some different patterns of floral may look mismatched and clashing, if this is the matter, keep adding the other floral pillow with the other pattern. In a particular point, this combination of so many floral pillow cases will make your room a marvelous vintage place indeed. You can get the flora pillow covers easily from some cushion cover Singapore and the customized pillow Singapore vendors.
Do not be afraid of trying new combinations of pillow covers to your sofa and your room. You can also consider some choices mentioned above for the best looks.
This article will give you a limelight of several type of pillow covers or pillow cases and how to make them in brief yet short descriptions. If you are going to run this kind of cushion cover business, this article may help. However, you can always learn from the experts, for example from the customized pillow Singapore and the cushion cover Singapore vendors.
Some types of pillow covers
1. Zippered Pillow Case
You can always add a zipper to a pillow case, do not worry of the ease on removing the insert to wash the cover because it will still let you to do that kind of thing easily. This kind of pillow cover generally uses the polyester coil zipper to get the best result. A tip on making a zippered customized pillow cover is to use a zipper with the exact length or just a bit longer than the opening of the pillow. The brief description on making the zippered pillow case is like this:
• First, you need to add a bit allowance to the length and height of the pillow insert.
• Make about 3 inches marks from left and right side to be sewed later to make the space on installing the zipper.
• Once the zipper is installed already on your cushion cover, flip the zipper pull up to maket it easily move while you are sewing the cover.
To learn the details of making this kind of pillow case easily, you can learn from the products that the customized pillow Singapore and the cushion cover Singapore vendors made.
2. Slipstitched Pillow Case
This type of customized pillow cover has the cover closed with almost invisible seam after you insert the physical pillows. Unfortunately, this type is only better for pillows that do not require to be washed for a long time because the closure of the cushion cover is permanent. But you do not need to worry as you can always dry clean your pillows this way, especially if your cushion is made from delicate yet sensitive material such as silk. This is the short description to make this pillow type. You will need to create extra edge allowance on the pillow cover, sew it with the sewing machine to make the seams then in the end, you will need to slipstitch the opening shut of the cushion cover to close it permanently. To learn this type of pillow in details, you will need to see the pillow covers that cushion cover Singapore and the customized pillow Singapore vendors create.
All in all, it is highly beneficial for you to learn these few different kinds of pillow covers. You can consider on coursing to make ones if you are about to run the pillow cover business.
All pillows may look the same to you, they are the fluffy and soft items to get you your comfortable sleep every night. Truthfully, other than just being your head’s peaceful cushion, there are some types of pillow that you need to recognize. This will help you later when you are choosing a pillow case or a pillow cover that suit the pillow type you own.
Types of pillow to choose proper pillow case
- Orthopedic pillow. Orthopedic pillow is actually widely known as a neck cushion. You may have owned this kind in your car for long trips or rides. It generally provides a deep area for your head to rest comfortably and keep your neck in the right alignment, so that it will not be displaced and disturb your sleep. You may experience a neck muscle soreness later if you do not use this kind of pillow or other pillows with almost similar function when you are in a deep slumber during the ride. Unfortunately, some kinds of this pillow do not have nice pillow cover that meets your preference. Do not worry as you can always get one that you can design due to your own liking from a customized pillow Singapore store or a cushion cover Singapore store. If you can not design the one that meets your expectation, some of them also provide a designing service for your pillow case.
- Beds pillow. The beds pillows are the common ones used by a family. Its general shape is square and usually comes in three sizes, the King as the largest in size, the Queen as the medium in size, meanwhile the Standard is the smallest. You may be asked what size your beds pillows are when you decide to buy a pillow cover, so it is important to know the difference of these three. In the market, there are so many pillow case sellers that sell the customized pillow choices. You can choose one of them that is suitable to your bed cover color and the bed cover sets even include pillow cases in the set.
- Decorative cushions. Decorative cushions actually serve the other purpose than only become the head cushion. This kind of pillows are also deliberately put to decorate the bed and the overall bedroom. It can be a bit tricky to choose the cushion cover to this pillow as it is already good but itself. However, you can still get your suitable customized pillow case from the ones that are expert in this case, such as customized pillow Singapore and cushion cover Singapore manufacturers.
Now that you already know several types of pillows, you can get your proper pillow case easily. Do get a customized pillow case to add up a plus value to your room decoration.